Job title: Full-time researcher for just energy transition program
The Habibie Center is expanding and developing programs and research related to the just energy transition:
As part of this endeavor, a team of researchers will be required to fulfill our main activity outputs to:
- Conduct research on renewable energy issues and just energy transition policies in Indonesia.
- Co-develop guidebook on renewable energy and just energy transition in Indonesia.
- Organize public events on renewable energy and just energy transition issues and development in Indonesia.
- Write publications such as policy briefs, Op-Ed, commentary reports and press releases on renewable energy and just energy transition development.
- Support advocacy actions and liaise with different stakeholders such as government, embassies, consultants, media, external partners, etc.
- Complete deliverables as part of ongoing projects as well as to help secure future projects.
As part of its core team, The Habibie Center plans to hire a full-time researchers for the just energy transition program
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: Initial 10 months contract with potentially extended annual contract based on performance, full time (5 days or 35-40 hours per week).
- Assisting supervisor and program coordinator in determining the renewable energy and just energy transition issues that are relevant and current;
- Conducting research and managing information related to the renewable energy and just energy transition issues determined by the core team;
- Co-developing guidebook on renewable energy and just energy transition in Indonesia;
- Organizing public dialogues and international seminars on renewable energy and just energy transition issues determined by the core team, identifying speakers and target audience and taking responsibility for the proceedings and supporting administrative issues, preparing Terms of References;
- Composing policy briefs, Op-Ed, commentary reports and press releases with the support of other members of the core team;
- Support any advocacy actions and liaise with different stakeholders such as government, embassies, consultants, media, external partners, etc.;
- Actively representing The Habibie Center in renewable energy and just energy transition forums and events in Jakarta and the region, including preparing short written;
- Attending external seminars, workshops, and other events on behalf of The Habibie Center and reporting back on any topical issues; Assisting The Habibie Center with other activities/events when the need arises.
- Minimum master’s degree or relevant experience in climate change, energy policy, energy economics, sustainable finance, or other related disciplines with some previous experiences in related fields;
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of renewable energy issues, especially in the Indonesia and global stage, and up-to-date with the general news and events regarding the energy global development.
- Strong knowledge of energy, sustainable finance, and/or socio-cultural issues in renewable energy and just energy transition landscape is an advantage;
- Having knowledge of Indonesian domestic politics and governance will be an additional point of consideration;
- Previous working experience in a similar role, and specifically experienced in writing policy briefs, academic articles, and op-ed (in English and Bahasa Indonesia) that deals with qualitative and quantitative data;
- Strongly proficient in both spoken and written English;
- Willing to plan and organize events such as public dialogue and international seminars and to support administrative issues;
- Solid organizational skills, with a proven ability to prioritize projects with attention to details;
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including government, local and international research organizations, and NGOs;
- Experience with handling projects, from concept stage, implementation, and reporting phase;
- Integrity, professional discretion, and ability to interact effectively with diverse partners;
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your CV, cover letter and writing samples to
email@example.com (via e-mail only – applications sent via other than e-mail will not be
accepted) no later than 13 April 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.